10 Best Television for Christmas 2009By soumitra, Gaea News Network
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Christmas is not very far away and the shopping season has really got a good start from this Black Friday. Among many consumer electronics that you can buy this Christmas, a TV is a must buy if you are still using an old school CRT or a outdated LCD or Plasma TV. But choosing from a plethora of Televisions can be a daunting task especially because of their utmost confusing model number which seems to be written in some code that only Sherlock Holmes can break. But don’t worry too much, we have done the research and here we are happy to present you with the best televisions available in the market. The list includes all HDTVs, Plasma TVs, LCD TVs and latest LED TVs.ARTICLE CONTINUED BELOW
1. Samsung UN46B8000 46″ LED TV
The latest LED TVs from Samsung are the best displays available in the market.
- Ultra-slim 46-inch LED HDTV with full HD 1080p resolution
- LED technology : True-to-life range of picture brightness
- Auto Motion Plus 240Hz technology : Sharpest, smoothest picture
- Internet@TV online content service from Yahoo!, Flickr, YouTube via your broadband connection
- Consumes 40 percent less energy than conventional LCD TVs
- Inputs: 4 HDMI, 1 component, 2 USB, 1 Ethernet, 1 PC, 1 optical digital audio output
- Includes detachable swivel table stand
- Measures 44.5 x 29.8 x 10.9 inches (WxHxD) with stand
2. Sharp LC46E77U 46-Inch 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV
Sharp is the manufacturer of world’s finest quality electronics products and this display is one of their best with incredible 4ms response time for ultra smooth videos.
- 46-Inch Full HD 1080p HDTV LCD-TV with 120Hz Fine Motion Enhanced
- 10-Bit AVS Superlucent LCD Panel
- Spectral Contrast Engine XD for Deep Black Level
- 5 HDMI terminals, PC input, RS-232C Input
3. Panasonic VIERA G10 Series TC-P50G10 50-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV
Panasonic is widely known for their quality Plasma TVs and this is one of their best Plasma TVs.
- 1920 x 1080 Resolution
- Native contrast 40,000:1
- Dynamic contrast 2,000,000:1
- Infinite black for the brightest whites and darkest blacks
- THX Certified display
- 3 HDMI Inputs
- PC Input For Better Viewing
4. Samsung UN46B6000 46″ LED TV
This is another fine LED TV from Samsung.
- Ultra-slim 46-inch LED HDTV with full HD 1080p resolution for the sharpest picture
- LED technology enables a true-to-life range of picture brightness
Inputs: 4 HDMI, 1 component, 2 USB, 1 Ethernet, 1 PC, 1 optical digital audio output
- Uses 40 percent less energy than conventional LCD TVs
- InfoLink RSS feeds of news, weather and sports from your broadband connection
- Includes detachable swivel table stand; measures 43.9 x 30 x 10.8 inches (WxHxD) with stand
5. LG 50PS60 50-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV
The Plasma TV has a Single-layer design which looks like a seamless pane of glass for sleek design.
- THX Display Certification delivers exceptional video images and true sounds
- 600Hz sub-field driving refresh rate technology for realistic movement in sports and movie actions
- 1080p Full HD resolution 1920 x 1080p with 3x HDMI v 1.3 digital inputs with swivel stand
- Mega contrast ratio of 2 million to 1 provides sharper image quality
6. Sony Bravia S-Series KDL-40S5100 40-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV
Sony does make some good TVs but somehow it feels that their products are overpriced than their competitors but this LCD TV is has a very attractive price tag and also has excellent picture quality.
- 40-inch 16:9 Full HD 1080p Resolution Panel for optimum resolution from any HDTV source
- Unique Sony technologies to reduce visual noise, improve color, and sharpen overall image detail
- Advanced Contrast Enhancer with Dynamic Backlight Control Dynamic Backlight Control creates a dynamic contrast ratio of 30,000:1
- Three HDMI inputs (up to 1080/60p input capable) , two Component YPbPr (1080/60i capable), and one PC input (HD-15 pin)
- BRAVIA Link compatibility lets you expand your HDTV’s capabilities with BRAVIA Link modules, such as BRAVIA DVD Link, BRAVIA Wireless Link
7. Samsung LN52B750 52″ LCD TV
This is a very good 52 inch LCD TV with excellent picture quality and response time though the price may not seem suitable to some.
- 52-inch high definition TV with 1080p resolution
- Four HDMI, two component, one PC, and two composite video inputs; two
- 10W bottom speakers and SRS TruSurround HD
- Samsung technology like Auto Motion Plus 240Hz, 2ms response time,
- 150,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- Enjoy Internet@TV for content via Yahoo! and more; sync home electronics
- with DLNA
- One-year parts and labor warranty
8. Panasonic VIERA TC-L32C12 32″ LCD TV
This is a very good and affordable LCD TV from Panasonic.
- Dynamic contrast 10,000:1 for the brightest whites and darkest blacks
- 1366 x 768 pixels Resolution
- 2 HDMI inputs, PC Input for computers
- Viera Image Viewer, enjoy your photos on the big screen via SD card
9. Toshiba 40RV525R 40″ LCD TV
This Toshiba LCD TV has very good picture quality and also has an affordable price tag.
- DynaLight Dynamic Back-Light Control
- Built-In ATSC/NTSC/QAM Digital Tuning
- Cinespeed LCD Panel : 8ms or less response speed necessary for cleaner
- high-action home theater images
- 10 Bit Video Processor
- 60 Hz Video Scan Rate
10. Samsung LN32B460 32-Inch 720p LCD HDTV
This is a very good LCD TV within your budget.
- SRS TruSurround HD
- 10Wx2 audio output
- Wide Color Enhancer
- 3 HDMI, 2 Components & PC input
Tags: best deals for christmas, Best LCD TV, Best Plasma TV, Black friday, christmas, Christmas Gadgets, Christmas gifts, HD TV, HDTV, LCD TV, LED TV, plasma TV, Samsung LCD TV, Sharp LCD TV, Sony LCD HDTV, Sony LCD TV, top 10 christmas gadgets, Top 10 LCD TV, Top 10 Plasma TVs, Top LCD TV, Top Plasma TVs, Youtube