Best 10 Netbook Under $500By soumitra, Gaea News Network
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Netbook, NETbook, netBOOK, NETBOOK! Everyone is crying for a netbook today. Whether you are a student, a corporate businessman or a housewife, all of you want a netbook now because they are cheap, portable, has enough performance to easily do some net surfing, watch a movie, listen music or some office document writing/editing tasks. A netbook hits the sweet spot between the computing capability of a smartphone and a mainstream computer which is ideal for many professionals on the go and is also ideal for those who are looking for a laptop on budget. Here we have collected the best netbooks that are available for under $500. Almost all of the netbooks are based on Intel Atom Processor and has 1GB RAM and 160GB HDD with similar performance. So we have listed other important aspects in short which you might consider before buying a netbook. Have a look at the list.
1. Asus Eee PC 1005 HA SeashellARTICLE CONTINUED BELOW
It has an Intel Atom N280 Processor clocking at 1.66 GHz, 1GB DDR2 SDRAM and 160 GB 5400 rps SATA HDD.
- Build quality is good for budget netbook
- Port Layout is good for a netbook
- Battery life is amazing
- Weak integrated graphics
- Thick for a modern netbook
- Bad touchpad buttons
Read Our Review of Asus Eee PC 1005 HA Seashell
2. Acer Aspire One AOD150
It comes with an 1.6 GHz Intel Atom N270 Processor, 1GB RAM with 160 GB 5400 rpm HDD.
- Very affordable price tag
- Slim Construction
- Speedy hard drive
- Keyboard a bit cramped for a 10 inch netbook
- Bluetooth not included
- Touchpad buttons are not comfortable
Read Our Review of Acer Aspire One AOD150
3. HP Mini 2140
It also has the common 1.6 GHz Intel Atom N270 Processor with 1GB RAM and 160GB 5400 rpm Hitachi HDD.
- Excellent build quality
- Great keyboard
- Multiple configuration options
- Base configuration has low-resolution screen
- Screen is too reflective due to second glossy protective layer
- Awkwardly positioned Touchpad Buttons with very narrow touchpad
Read Our Review of HP Mini 2140
4. MSI Wind
The common 1.6 GHz Intel Atom Processor along with 1GB RAM and 160 GB SATA HDD is also in operation here.
- Super cool even in overclocked mode
- 10 inch screen
- Good keyboard
- Low Battery Life
Read Our Review of MSI Wind
5. Asus Eee PC T91
It has a bit slower 1.33 GHz Intel Atom Z250 Processor and there is 1GB RAM and 16GB SSD to go with its touchscreen.
- Tablet PC at a very low price
- Light and Portable
- Battery life is satisfactory
- CPU performance below average
- SSD Drive capacity very low to go with
- Small 8.9 inch display
- Stylus Pen is not handy
Read Our Review of Asus Eee PC T91
6. Sony VAIO Mini
1.66 GHz Intel Atom N280 processor with 1GB RAM and 160 GB HDD is also present here.
- Very Attractive Design
- Compact and lightweight
- Limited Port Selection
- Small Screen
- Tiny Keyboard
- High Price
Read Our Review of Sony VAIO Mini
About $499 (for Sony VAIO VPC W111XX/W)
7. Dell Inspiron Mini 10
It uses 1.6 GHz Intel Atom Z530 Silverthrone Processor with 1GB RAM and 160 GB HDD.
- Slim and light than most other netbooks
- Spacious keyboard
- Nice Color options for those who look for style
- TouchPad and Buttons are uncomfortable to use
- HDMI without Dedicated graphics is a bad choice
- No VGA Port
Read Our Review of Dell Inspiron Mini 10
8. Lenovo IdeaPad S10
Nothing extraordinary here also in the specs department. It has 1.6 GHz Intel Atom CPU, 1 GB RAM and 160 GB HDD.
- ExpressCard slot offers extra expansion options
- Very well built and durable
- Easy to upgrade RAM, and hard drive
- Gets a little hot
- Looks something like toy laptop for babies
- Only two USB ports
Read Our Review of Lenovo IdeaPad S10
9. Samsung NC 10
It uses the same Intel Atom N270 Processor with 1GB RAM and 160 GB HDD.
10. Toshiba Mini NB 205
It has Intel Atom N280 1.66GHz Processor, 1GB DDR2 RAM and 160 GB Hard Drive.
Tags: Acer Aspire One AOD150, Asus, ASUS Eee PC, Asus Eee PC 1005 HA Seashell, Asus Eee PC T91, Best Netbook, Dell Inspiron Mini 10, Eee PC T91, HP Mini, HP Mini 2140, HP Netbook, Lenovo IdeaPad S10, Lenovo S10, MSI Wind U150, netbook, Netbook of 2009, netbooks, Samsung, Samsung NC10-11PBK, Sony VAIO Mini, T91, Top Netbook