Nikon Introduces COOLPIX S80: Stylish Yet IntuitiveBy Avik, Gaea News Network
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Nikon Corps latest buzz COOLPIX S80 comes in with electrostatic Organic LED (OLED) three and a half inch ultra high resolution touch panel to start with.ARTICLE CONTINUED BELOW
This would be Nikon’s take on the budding market of trendy and powerful pocket-sized digital cameras. The looks of this gadget is sure to sizzle you. Well, to know about the functionality we got to be patient.
Powered by a 14.1megapixel CCD sensor and 5x WideAngle Optical ZoomNIKKOR ED glass lens it is expected to serve you with some quality photography. The camera flaunts a 16.5-mm slim body and is sure to fit into your pocket with much ease and comfort.
Unlike its predecessor S70, which was stuck with a 288k-dot monitor the brand new S80 leaps way ahead being equipped with approximately 819k-dots. Along with highly improvised display this bleeding edge tool also facilitates recording of 1280 X 720-pixel HD movies that also with stereo sound.
The camera will cut down camera shake with a 5Way vibration reduction (VR) Image Stabilization System. The system will also flaunt features such Optical and Hybrid VR, Motion Detection, ISO settings up to 6400 and Best Shot Selector.
Nikon has dealt with improvisation of usability giving its users a vivid selection of 17 scene modes and the Easy Auto Mode. Nikon’s Smart Portrait System, InCamera RedEye FixTM, improved FacePriority AF, Smile Timer, Blink Warning, Blink Proof and Skin Softening are some other high-lights of the model.
Specifications at a Glance:
- Effective pixels: 14.1 million
- Image sensor: 1/2.3-in. type CCD; total pixels: approx. 14.48 million
- Lens: 5X optical zoom, NIKKOR lens, 6.3-31.5mm (angle of view equivalent to that of 35-175 mm lens in 35mm  format); f/3.6-4.8; Digital zoom Up to 4X (angle of view equivalent to that of approx. 700 mm lens in 35mm  format)
- Focus range (from lens): [W]: Approx. 30 cm to ; [T]: Approx. 50 cm to ; Macro mode: 7 cm to (wide-angle zoom position)
- Monitor: 8.7 cm , widescreen, OLED (touch panel) with antireflection coating, approx. 819k-dot, 5-level brightness adjustment
- Storage media *: Internal memory (approx. 79 MB), SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card
- ISO sensitivity: ISO 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400; Auto (auto gain from ISO 80 to 800); Fixed range auto (ISO 80 to 200, ISO 80 to 400)
- Interface: Hi-Speed USB
- Power sources: One EN-EL10 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery (supplied); AC Adapter EH-62D (available separately)
- Battery life **: (EN-EL10) Still pictures: Approx. 150 shots; Movies: Approx. 1 h 5 min (HD 720p (1280 X 720))
- Dimensions (WxHxD): Approx. 98.8 X 62.6 X 16.5 mm (excluding projections)
- Weight: Approx. 133 g (including battery and SD memory card)
- Supplied accessories ***: Camera Strap, Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL10, Charging AC Adapter EH-68P,USB Cable UC-E6,Audio Video Cable EG-CP16, ViewNX 2 CD-ROM
- Note:*– Not compatible with Multi Media Cards (MMC).
- ** — Based on Camera and Imaging Products Association (CIPA) standards for measuring the life of camera batteries.
- *** — Supplied accessories may differ by country or area.
- Colors Available: This camera comes in with a range of classic colors which include red, blue, pink, black, gold and silver among others.
- Price: To bag this tool you have to shed a little extra — $329.95 happens to be the price I caught up with.
So, are you ready to give it a click? Well, with the name of Nikon attached to it, COOLPIX S80 definitely won’t be a bad pick. For more information you can visit Nikon.