Top 10 HDTVBy soumitra, Gaea News Network
Friday, June 19, 2009
HDTV is the latest buzzword in the in the arena of entertainment technology and everyone seems to have great enthusiasm for getting the best HDTV screen available in the market. Basically there are two major type of HDTVs available in the market : LCD TVs and Plasma TVs. Both have their own Pros and Cons but for a rule of thumb, if you want a screensize more than 40 inches, go for Plasma TVs otherwise get yourself an LCD TV. There numerous models of HDTV screens at competitive prices from many reputed manufacturers. Here is a list of top 10 HDTVs to help you choose your favorite model. Have a look.
1. Pioneer Pro-111 FD Plasma TVARTICLE CONTINUED BELOW
This is model has the best overall picture quality. Hurry up to get this model as it is about to go extinct.
- High-Definition 1080p Resolution (1920 x 1080p)
- 5x Deeper Black for Unmatched Contrast
- Ability to accept 480i / 480p / 720p / 1080i / and TRUE 1080p 24fps signals
- New Thinner Cosmetic Design with Elegant Acrylic Bezel
- IP Network Compatibility Designed to DLNATM Guidelines: DLNA Version 1.5
2. Sony Bravia KDL-55XBR8 LCD TV
Sony Bravia Stands for Best Resolution Audio Visual Integrated Architecture. Both Audio and Video experience is excellent in this device.
- 16:9 Full HD 1080p Resolution Panel (1920×1080)
- TRILUMINOS RGB Dynamic LED Backlight Display
- BRAVIA Engine 2 PRO fully digital video processor
- Motionflow 120Hz PRO technology
- DMex capable
3. Samsung LN46A650
Samsung is one of the leaders in HDTV Sector. You can trust them to deliver best picture quality.
- Touch of Color Bezel
- Full HD 1080p Resolution
- 120Hz Auto Motion Plus
- 4 HDMI Inputs
- Super Clear Panel
4. Panasonic Viera TH-50PZ800U Plasma TV
Panasonic believes to provide the latest in HDTV Technology. They have some exclusive technology for best quality TV watching experience.
- 1920 x 1080 Resolution
- 1000000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio for the Brightest whites and darkest blacks
- 5120 Shades of Gradation for spectacular Color Reproduction
- Viera LinK™ HDAVI Control lets you operate all of your home theater components by pressing a single button on your TV’s remote control
- GalleryPlayer® allows you to enjoy the world’s finest high definition art and photography on your Panasonic HD plasma TV
5. Sharp LC-65D93U LCD TV
Sharp is known for its liquid crystal technology that makes the images sharp and natural color quality.
- 65-inch LCD HDTV w/Built In ATSC / QAM / NTSC Tuners
- 120 Hz Frame Rate Conversion for the Ultimate in Fastmotion Picture Quality
- 15,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio/ Multi Pixel Technology/ 16:9 Aspect
- Full HD 1080p /1920 x 1080/ Resolution/ 4ms Response Time
- High Brightness /450 cd/m2/ 6 1080p Compatible Inputs
6. LG50PG30 Plasma TV
Deep Black level and vibrant colors make it the top choice.
- Plasma HDTV features Clear Voice technology which enhances dialogue sound quality with swivel stand and energy Star rated
- 1080p Full HD resolution 1920 x 1080p with 3x HDMI v 1.3 digital inputs with swivel stand
- Dual XD engine processors maximizes picture quality & fluid motion for 180hz effect
- Invisible speaker system for richer more balanced sound & a polished look
- 1,000,000:1 Dynamic contrast ratio (30,000:1 native)
7. SONY BRAVIA KDL-32M4000 LCD TV
This HDTV proves why Sony Bravia is always a better choice
- 32-inch 720p flat-panel LCD HDTV with 1440 x 900 progressive screen resolution
- BRAVIA Engine digital signal processing
- Inputs HDMI - 2
- Component Video - 2
- PC input (VGA)
- BRAVIA Sync
8. Philips 42PF9966 Plasma TV
Philips is one of the top names in the HDTV market. The Ambilight feature sets the mood of TV watching.
- 42-inch widescreen HD-ready plasma television with 15 watts per channel x 2 and built-in NTSC tuner; 43.5 x 30.6 x 3.9 inches (W x H x D)
- Ambilight technology throws a soft glow on the wall behind the screen to enhance perceived brightness, contrast, and color accuracy
- Pixel Plus processor enhances every single pixel displayed, giving you razor-sharp pixels with incredible detail and depth
- Digital Crystal Clear technology and antireflective coating ensure high (3,000:1) contrast, high (1,000 cd/m3) brightness
- Includes table stand; mounting brackets and a headphone output for private listening
9. Samsung LA46A950
This is another stunner from the house of Samsung.
- 45.9″ screen (measured diagonally)
- widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio
- Touch of Color high-gloss finish
- built-in digital (ATSC) and analog (NTSC) tuners for over-the-air TV broadcasts (antenna required)
- built-in QAM cable TV tuner receives unscrambled programs without a set-top box (cable service required)
10. Sharp LC-32D44U
This LCD TV from Sharp must fit your budget.
- 32″ class screen size (31.5″ measured diagonally), wide XGA (1366 x 768)
- 176º horizontal x 176º vertical viewing angles
- 2 HDMI inputs, 2 HD component inputs, 1 RGB D-Sub (PC) input, 1 S-Video input, 2 RCA composite video inputs (A/V), 4 RCA audio inputs
- Two 10 watt speakers
- 6ms quick shoot response time
- Video system: ATSC/QAM/NTSC, Tuning system: 8VSB (ATSC) / QAM / NTSC
- 450 cd/m brightness
- 60,000 hrs. lamp life
- 7500:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- 1500:1 native contrast ratio