Top 10 Mountaineering & Trekking GadgetBy soumitra, Gaea News Network
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Mountaineering is an activity that comes from the inner desire of chasing the heights, facing the nature traversing ice, rock or snow. The desire may be to live heroically, or to rebel against restraint and limitation. Or it may be just a search for an intense aesthetic experience. For many of the mountaineers there are all these reasons summed up into one - call of the wilderness. There are gadgets for mountaineers which are markedly different from other sports accessories. Here is a list of 10 gadgets that helps them face any trouble on the path. Take a look at them and set out to explore a new world.
Suunto X9i GPS Watch TanARTICLE CONTINUED BELOW
This is the best GPS device for mountaineering, trekking, hiking.
- Altimeter, Barometer, Chronograph, Thermometer
- Digital Compass, Adjustable Declination, Mapping
- Computer Compatible, Water-resistant, Backlight, Alarms: Time and altitude
- Weight: 2.6oz (74g)
Mountaineering Tent for 2-3 persons
- Lightweight 2 Pole Design with 7000 Series Aluminum Poles
- Polyester Fly resists UV Damage and Stays Taut
- Factory Sealed Fly and Floor Seams Give Best Weather Protection
- 2 Mesh Doors and 2 Vestibules - Easy Entry and Great Ventilation
- Extra Large #8 Zippers on Doors and Vestibules
Smith I/O Ski Goggles
These goggles have a huge field of vision and good quality lenses for very clear vision. Good cover for wind and snow.
- Super-long easy adjust torso length to grow with your child, size adjustable hipbelt, and peripheral frame provides excellent load transfer, spacious head clearance.
- Built-in rain cover, retractable zippered sleeping bag compartment (bag can be stowed in or outside the pack).
- 2 pockets on top lid, stretch nylon mesh front and side pockets, mesh pocket for cell phone/MP3 player
- dual daisy chains, single ice axe attachment
- Hydration compatible
The poles made from overland carbon and tracks are extremely lightweight with padded grips and wrist straps that make them a breeze to handle. These poles are adjustable from 25-55 inches and super-strong to support even the biggest amongst us. It gives better balance and will relieve your back, leg and knees
- Closed-cell foam insulation and heat-reflective aluminum with a thermo inner boot
- Pro-Flex XT insole
- Vibram Jorasses GSb sole
- AC last
- Weight: 1330 g, 2 lbs 15 oz
Mountaineering Skull Cap
- 100% WOOL OUTER SHELL - FITS SIZE S / M / L (6 7/8 - 7 3/8)
- SOFT WARM COMFORTABLE FLEECE LINING
- LONG LASTING RUGGED CONSTRUCTION
Foldable Cloth Oven
The cloth oven weighs only a few hundred grams and it can reach a temperature of 300 degrees making it hot enough to roast chicken or even bake cookies. Ideal for backpacking.
Katadyn Hiker Pro Microfilter
- AntiClog technology : 129 sq in of pleated 0.3 micron glassfiber media
- Activated carbon core: reduces unpleasant tastes and odor from water.
- Output: Up to 1-qt (1L) per minute or 48 strokes per quart
- Cartridge Capacity: up to 200 gallons, depending on water quality
- Wt: 11 ozHt: 6.5″Hose Length: 36″
- Includes: Filter Protector, Quick Connect Fittings, Prefilter, Universal Bottle Adapter and Carry Bag
- No-maintenance cartridge, Removable filter protector extends cartridge lifeQuick-connect fittings for easy install and remove of hosesAllows direct attachment to 1/4″ drinking tube on hydration packs
Carson Trek 8×21 Mini-Compact Binocular
- 8x magnification and 21mm objective lens
- 365 foot field of view at 1000 yards
- Compact folding design
- Convenient and comfortable to carry
- The perfect companion for sporting events, concerts and all outdoor activitie
Tags: Hiking Gadget, Mountaineering Gadget, Top Mountaineering and Trekking Gadget, Trekking Gadget