Top 10 Thin and Light Ultraportable LaptopsBy soumitra, Gaea News Network
Friday, September 18, 2009
Laptops are actually meant to give you the most needed portability with their thin and light form factors. You need those thin and light Ultraportable Laptops to meet your computing needs on the go whether you are a globe trotting executive or a campus strolling student. The thin and light laptops are not only easy to carry but they also require less space to operate which is why they are ideal for people on the go. Any way these thin and light laptops aren’t only known for their portability they are also stylish enough to catch your eyes. Here is the list of the best 10 thin and light laptops that are available in the market.
1. Apple MacBook AirARTICLE CONTINUED BELOW
I think I don’t have to explain why MacBook Air is the best ultrathin and ultraportable laptop ever made.
- Thinnest, lightest MacBook ever includes multi-touch trackpad, built-in iSight webcam, and up to 4.5-hour battery life
- 13.3-inch glossy LED-backlit screen; 128 GB solid-state hard drive; 2 GB of RAM (maximum capacity)
- 1.86 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor; NVIDIA GeForce 9400M integrated graphics with 256 MB of shared memory
- One USB 2.0, built-in Wi-Fi (802.11n draft plus 802.11b/g), Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, Mini DisplayPort
- Preloaded with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard operating system and iLife ‘08 suite of applications.
2. Dell Adamo
This is Dell’s flagship device for their thin and stylish laptop series.
- 3.4-inch high-definition display with edge-to-edge glass featuring 1366 x 768 resolution and 16:9 aspect ratio
- 1.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo SU9300 processor with ultra-low voltage for extended battery life
- 128 GB solid state drive
- 2 GB of installed DDR3 RAM
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD integrated video processing with 256 MB of memory
- Draft-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n), Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000), Bluetooth 2.1
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit) operating system (Learn more)
- Up to 5 hours of battery life on a full charge
- Dimensions: 13.03 x 9.5 x 0.65 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 4 pounds
3. MSI X340
This is perhaps the cheapest thin and light laptop having the glamor but not compromising on the performance either.
- Energy-efficient 1.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Solo SU3500 Processor
- 2 GB RAM (max)
- 320 GB SATA Hard Drive
- Windows Vista Home Premium with SP1 (64-bit version), 4-cell lithium-ion battery
- Intel GMA 4500MHD Graphics, 13.4-inch HD widescreen LCD
4. HP Pavilion dv3510nr
This is a product of Best Buy as they listened to their customers to build this sleek yet loaded laptop.
- 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
- 3GB DDR2 RAM
- eSATA and HDMI ports
- Fingerprint reader
- Backlit keyboard
- Remote control
5. Samsung X360-34P
This is a nice ultraportable laptop from Samsung.
- 13.3” Wide, 1280 x 800 WXGA, 300 nits LED Backlit
- Powered by Intel® Centrino® 2 Processor Technology, featuring the Intel® Core™2 Duo U9300 processor, 1.4 GHz
- 128GB, 1.8” Solid State Drive (SSD), 3 GB DDR3 1066 MHz
- Intel® Intel GMA4500MHD shared, 802.11 a/b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR, 10/100/1000 BaseTX LAN
- 6-Cell Lithium Ion, Genuine Microsoft Vista® Business - 32 bit, 1.3 Mega Pixel webcam, Kensington Key Lock, 1 year standard parts and labor, 2.8 lbs
6. Apple MacBook Pro
This is another nice and portable laptop from Apple.
- 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo Processor
- 2 GB DDR3 RAM
- 160 GB Hard Drive, DVD/CD SuperDrive
- Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard operating system
- 13.3 inch LED Display, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M integrated graphics
7. Lenovo X200
This is a top selling laptop from Lenovo.
- Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4 GHz Processor
- 3 MB L2 Cache, 1066 MHz Bus speed
- 2048 MB DDR2 (PC2-8500) RAM Max - 4GB
- 160 GB (5400RPM) SATA Hard Drive
- 4-Cell Lithium-ion Battery Pack
- Windows XP Professional, Microsoft Office 2007 60-Day Trial, McAfee VirusScan Plus 30-Day Subscription
8. Toshiba Satellite U405-S2915
This is one of the most portable laptops in this list.
- 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 Processor
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB max)
- 320 GB Hard Drive, Labelflash dual-layer DVD drive
- Windows Vista Home Premium with SP1 (64-bit version)
- 13.3-inch LCD display, Intel GMA 4500MHD Graphics (1750 MB of available memory)
9. Lenovo IdeaPad U110
This is a eye catching fairly priced ultraportable laptop.
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.6 GHz
- RAM installed: 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM
- Hard drive size: 120 GB
- Dimension : 10.8 x 7.7 x 0.9 inches
- Weight : 2.4 pounds
10. Acer Aspire Timeline 3810T
This is a budget ultraportable from Acer.
- 1.3GHz Intel Pentium SU2700 Single Core Processor (2MB L2 cache, 1.30GHz, 800MHz FSB)
- 4096MB DDR3 1066MHz RAM
- 320GB SATA Hard Drive
- Windows Vista Home Premium (64 bit, SP1), Over 8 Hours of Battery Life (6-Cell 5600 mAh)
- 13.3″ HD CineCrystal LED-backlit Display, Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD (64MB dedicated memory, up 1695MB shared system memory)
Read Our Review of Acer Aspire Timeline 3810T
Tags: Ultraportable Laptops