Top 10 VOIP PhonesBy soumitra, Gaea News Network
Friday, March 20, 2009
Voice Over Internet Protocol is one of the emerging technologies these days. With the improved technology that puts aside various complaints, VOIP is surely attracting heads with unimaginably cheap call rates. But before you proceed any further, you need to know about the market leaders who provide the best technology under best price. Let me share the list of top 10 most efficient VOIP phones in the market.
1. Linksys WIP300ARTICLE CONTINUED BELOW
- Uses the 802.11g Wi-Fi network to give high-quality VoIP
- Support SIP protocols for signaling
- Screen display is large and full-colored
- Use and configuration are easy
- Provides security features like WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) encryption.
2. Philips VOIP4332 VOIP
- Connecting to both your normal phone line and your PC’s USB port
- Can serve as both handsome wireless phone and extension of Windows Live Messenger
- Call your contacts for free, or sign up with Vonage to make cheap calls over the internet
- When your PC’s off, the handsets act as standard landline telephones.
3. Nokia N95 8GB
This phone is best for the business people
- Fast internet connection with 3G; HSDPA and WLAN.
- VoIP app can be easily downloaded from a 3rd party provider
- Option of making a standard cell call or to use VoIP
- When you select a contact from your contacts list, the phone prompts you to select either ‘Internet Call’ or ‘Voice Call’
- Automatically detects if the phone is in Wi-Fi area and connects to the SIP server. Even if you leave the area and come back later; it will automatically reconnect.
- Excellent VoIP sound quality
- Stable connections irrespective of call duration
- Good battery backup even when making VOIP Calls
4. Cisco 7920
This phone is for corporate environments, unless you are using devices like Cisco-built routers or ATAs.
- easy-to-use IEEE 802.11b wireless IP phone that provides comprehensive voice communications in conjunction with Cisco CallManager and Cisco Aironet 1200, 1100, 350, and 340 series of Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11b) access points.
- Seamless and intelligent features such as security, quality of service (QoS), mobility and advanced management; but it works best within Cisco-equiped networks.
5. Nokia E71
This is a phone for the on the go businessmen with full QWERTY keyboard for messaging.
- High-speed internet connectivity through 3G; HSPDA and WLAN
- Nokia PC internet access as standard giving the phone the capability to act as a data modem
- Handy shortcut to Gizmo so the internet calling setup is very easy.
- Chat and instant messaging; Quick Office and an over-the-air (OTA) download facility.
- Outstanding voice quality.
6. Netgear SPH-101 Skype Phone
The world’s first Wi-Fi Skype handset
- Call anyone else on Skype, anywhere in the world for free, no PC required
- Make and receive Skype phone calls where you have access to a wireless Internet signal
- Connect to any landline or mobile phone outside of the Skype network for pennies per minute
- Manage your contact list and display who is available to talk
- All calls are secure and encrypted with WEP and WPA-PSK Wi-Fi security
7. Linksys CIT200
The Linksys CIT200 wireless IP phone is a rather cheap phone for the quality it provides
- Wireless handset supports incoming, outgoing and messaging with a free Skype account (required)
- Handset includes Caller ID screen, speakerphone, intercom and call waiting
- Comes with a charger and handset, which supports SkypeOut dialing.
- The phone base connected through USB and the handset is cordless. It has a color screen.Linksys
- Supports up to four handsets
8. Belkin Skype WiFi Handset
Belkin’s latest VoIP offering doesn’t feel as solid as Netgear’s SPH-101 Skype Phone, but can’t be beaten on price.
- Enjoy free unlimited phone calls over Wi-Fi networks without your PC
- Skype Certified to work just like your existing Skype account
- Connect to any secured or open access WiFi network that does not require browser-based authentication
- Exceptional Voice Quality
- WEP, WPA and WPA2 Supported
9. Nokia E51
It is the cheapest Nokia VoIP cell phone.
- either use the built-in Nokia Internet Calling Application or you can download a compatible 3rd party application from your preferred VoIP service provider.
- Displays the calling options when you select a contact, letting you choose whether you want to make a voice; video or internet call.
- High-speed internet connectivity with 3G; WLAN and HSDPA
- Use your favourite instant messaging applications like Yahoo; AOL and MSN.
- Quick Office and Macromedia PDF; supports Windows Live Hotmail and meets most multimedia requirements.
- Great signal strength and voice quality, even when using internet calling.
- Battery life is well above par with approximately 4 hours of talk time and around 3 days of standby when the phone is constantly connected to a VoIP server.
10. Siemens C460 IP Phone
This is a good Cordless IP and Landline Phone but is not compatible with Skype
- Compatible with all SIP providers like Sipgate and VoIP Cheap
- Easy to switch between internet and fixed-line calls by just pressing a button.
- Conveniently select the internet telephony provider you prefer on the handset’s illuminated display
- Quality of Service (QoS) for superb internet telephony quality
Tags: Best VOIP Phone, Hotmail, Top VoIP Phone, voip, VOIP Phone